Breath and Bone
This festschrift honors Chris Wright on the occasion of his 70th birthday. The theologians and leaders who have contributed to it have all benefitted from his friendship, scholarship, and partnership in the gospel. These essays demonstrate how preachers, scholars and writers from around the world are fleshing out the mission of God and breathing new life into the bones of Chris’s thinking.
• A Life Devoted to the Mission of God
• A Seed Bears Fruit in Latin America
• Mission as Making (and Wearing) New Clothes
• Election, Ethics, Mission and the Church in India
• Preaching to Impress or to Save
CHRISTOPHER J. H. WRIGHT, the International Ministries Director of Langham Partnership, has had a long connection to the global church. Born in Belfast to missionary parents, he has taught at Union Biblical Seminary, Pune, India, and at All Nations Christian College in Ware, England. In his PhD studies at Cambridge, he focused on the ethics of land, family, economics, debt and slavery. He has authored twenty-eight books, including The Mission of God, Old Testament Ethics for the People of God, Sweeter than Honey, and Knowing God – The Trilogy. Recognizing Chris’s commitment to scholarship, preaching and the global church, John Stott welcomed him as a friend and as his successor as head of Langham Partnership.
• Mark Hunt, USA • Jonathan Lamb, UK • Ian J. Shaw, UK
• Igor Améstegui, Bolivia • Qaiser Julius, Pakistan • Collium Banda, Zimbabwe
• Danut Manastireanu, Romania • Peter Penner, Germany • Brian Wintle, India
• Frew Tamrat, Ethiopia • Las Newman, Jamaica • C. Rosalee Velloso Ewell, Brazil
• Paul Swarup, India • Andrea Z. Stephanous, Egypt • Dwi Handayani, Indonesia
• Athena E. Gorospe, Philippines • Gail Atiencia, Colombia • Riad A. Kassis, Lebanon
• Mark Meynell, UK • Greg R. Scharf, USA • Pieter Kwant, Netherlands
Join Our Email List
Receive book updates and stories of impact from the global church.